Buenos Aires Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Meal Times in Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires is a 24-hour city, and you can find places that serve food around the clock, but most of these are downtown and tend to fall into the fast-food and pizza categories. Although much is made about porteños' late eating habits, the truth is the ideal and most popular dining time is 9-9:30 pm (though you can easily show up for dinner at midnight and no one will blink an eye). Most restaurants open at 8 pm for dinner and will serve until 1 or 2 am. You can find more late-night confiterias (confectioneries) and cafés in the Centro area; most other neighborhoods have scarce late-night offerings.
You can find breakfast—coffee and pastries—anywhere, at any time. Lunch is served from noon to 4 pm, 1-2 pm being the rush hour, especially downtown, which is packed with office workers.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2140 & up -- Brazil & Argentina: 8-Nt. Escape w/Air & Tours LatinEscapes.com
- $2900 & up -- South America 14-Day, 5-City Trip w/7 Tours — $2,900 LatinEscapes