Compass American Guides: Wyoming, 5th Edition
Lake Yellowstone Hotel Dining Room
Lake Yellowstone Hotel Dining Room Review
Opened in 1891, this double-colonnaded dining room off the lobby of the Lake Yellowstone Hotel is the park's most elegant place to dine. It's superior to the Old Faithful Inn in every way—the view, the service, the menu, and even the gorgeous china. Arrive early and enjoy a beverage in the airy Reamer Lounge. The dinner menu includes such attractive starters as an artisan cheese and dried fruit plate. Main courses include lamb, buffalo, steak, duck, quail, and fish dishes, as well as at least one imaginative vegetarian entrée. The wine list focuses on bottles from California, Oregon, and Washington. Reservations are not needed for breakfast or lunch, but are essential for dinner. Make them up to a year in advance with hotel reservations; otherwise, call a month ahead.
- Address: Lake Village Rd., 1 mile south of Fishing Bridge Lake Village, Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190 | Map It
- Phone: 307/344–7311; 866/439–7375
- Website: www.yellowstonenationalparklodges.com/dining
- Location: Yellowstone National Park
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed early Oct.–mid-May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We are taking a driving "guys (three of us - all over 60) road trip" from California to Little Bighorn Battlefield which appears to be about an hours drive from Billings, Montana. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more