Check Rates from our Partners
Old Faithful Inn Review
Easily earning its National Historic Landmark status, this lovely lodge has been a favorite of five generations of park visitors. The Old House was built in 1904 and is worth a visit regardless of whether you are staying the night. The lobby has a 76-foot-high, eight-sided fireplace, as well as bright red iron-clad doors, two balconies, and a fantasylike "tree house" of platforms, ladders, and dormer windows. You can stay in century-old rooms with thick wood timber walls and ceilings for less than $100 if you are willing to forsake a private bathroom. Rooms with bathrooms are in the Old House or the "modern" wings built in 1913 and 1927. There's no insulation, so it's closed in the winter.
Five generations of visitors have gasped at the tree house– like lobby with its 76-foot-high, eight-sided fireplace and have marveled at Old Faithful erupting on schedule just 100 yards from the inn. Pine paneling and gnarled wood balcony supports bring the outdoors into the "Old House" in the heart of the geological wonderland that is Yellowstone National Park.
- Address: First left off Bypass Rd., Old Faithful, Yellowstone National Park, WY, 82190 | Map It
- Phone: 307/344-7901
- Website: www.yellowstonenationalparklodges.com
- Location: Yellowstone National Park
- 324 rooms, 246 with bath; 6 suites.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Oct.--early May.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $126.00 & up : 4-star hotels in Cody Hotwire
- Super Low Cody Rate: Book Fr $146+/Nt Hotels.com
- $26.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Cody Hotwire
- $89.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Cody — $89 Hotwire
- $24.95 & up : Compact rentals in Cody — $25 Hotwire
My family took a summer vacation late July/early August. Read more
(I started this last July just after we returned from our trip! Read more
I appreciate all the responses from all the folks who respond and share.
I am planning to visit YNP and the MT. Rushmore area in Sept. Yellowstone is pretty much committed to the end of Sept 2013 due to Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic ... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more