Check Rates from our Partners
Old Faithful Inn Review
Easily earning its National Historic Landmark status, this lovely lodge has been a favorite of five generations of park visitors. The Old House was built in 1904 and is worth a visit regardless of whether you are staying the night. The lobby has a 76-foot-high, eight-sided fireplace, as well as bright red iron-clad doors, two balconies, and a fantasylike "tree house" of platforms, ladders, and dormer windows. You can stay in century-old rooms with thick wood timber walls and ceilings for about $100 if you are willing to forsake a private bathroom. Rooms with bathrooms are in the Old House or the "modern" wings built in 1913 and 1927. There's no insulation, so it's closed in the winter.
Five generations of visitors have gasped at the tree house– like lobby with its 76-foot-high, eight-sided fireplace and have marveled at Old Faithful erupting on schedule just 100 yards from the inn. Pine paneling and gnarled wood balcony supports bring the outdoors into the "Old House" in the heart of the geological wonderland that is Yellowstone National Park.
- Address: First left off Bypass Rd., Old Faithful, Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190 | Map It
- Phone: 307/344–7311; 866/439–7375
- Website: www.yellowstonenationalparklodges.com
- Location: Yellowstone National Park
- 324 rooms, 246 with bath; 6 suites.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Oct.–early May.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Trip summary: My wife and I are both in our early sixties. Read more
Much more than a great day hike.
August 16, 2013. Kyle McKenzie and Roger Roots, both of Montana. Patrick Murphy joined us on the trip down from Montana, but Patrick had to do some work in Jackson so he Read more
We are an Australian family (Mom, Dad and 20 year old Daughter) planning a trip to North America (July / August). Read more
· News & Features
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.... Read more