Oriental Theatre Review
Little has changed at this theater, named one of the 10 best in America by Entertainment Weekly, since it opened in 1927. Rich red carpeting, gold wall decorations, and keyhole-shaped entryways takes you back to the golden age of the silver screen; the theater also has six Buddha statues. Flicks screened in the two small auditoriums and gigantic main auditorium are mostly independent films. The Oriental holds the Guinness World Record for the longest run of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Fans of the cult classic gather at midnight the second Saturday of the month—many in costume—to shout lines and throw popcorn at the screen at the appropriate moments.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Finally, we arrived in Bayfield and checked into the lovely Old Rittenhouse Inn for two nights. Read more
After we left MC, our first stop was the 10am two hour boat tour of the Soo Locks in Sault Ste Marie ( the largest waterway traffic system on earth and the boat travels along the international shoreline Read more
Our family is in the throws of trying to plan a vacation for the first week of August. Read more
· News & Features
While Canoe Bay's 300 acres and three private lakes can't be transported, their posh cabin accommodations ... Read more
Get ready to discover the country's next up-and-coming wine region: Door County, Wisconsin.... Read more
Think outside the tailgate.... Read more