Washington Wine Country Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Washington Wine Country
Stay at a spectacular mountain lodge: The Lodge at Suncadia is one of Washington's premier resorts. Golfers, cross-country skiers, hikers, and families will enjoy this terrific lodge in the beautiful Cascade Mountains.
Washington history: Yakima Valley Museum is one of the finest museums in the state, with plenty of history of the real West.
Wine tasting: There are more than 70 wineries in this region, and nearly all of them are excellent. Washington wines' reputation extends globally, and Yakima Valley may be the state's finest wine region.
Eat at a classic diner: Diners in wine country? There are two terrific ones here. The Red Horse Diner in Ellensburg is more than a hamburger joint, it's a restaurant and museum all in one, built around a mid-1900s Mobil gas station. And Miner's Drive-In, a Yakima icon, serves great old-fashioned hamburgers, fries, and shakes in a truly vintage setting.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe