- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Port of Friday Harbor is the main San Juan Islands airport, but there are also small airports on Lopez, Shaw, and Orcas islands. Seaplanes land on the waterfront at Friday Harbor and Roche Harbor on San Juan Island; Rosario Resort, Deer Harbor, and West Sound on Orcas Island; and Fisherman Bay on Lopez Island. Daily scheduled flights link the San Juan Islands with mainland airports at Anacortes, Bellingham, and Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. Most of these airlines also offer charter services, and Island Air has sightseeing flights.
If traffic and ferry lines really aren't your thing, consider hopping aboard a seaplane for the quick flight from Seattle. Kenmore Air offers several daily departures from Seattle. Flying isn't cheap—around $120–$160 each way—but the scenic, hour-long flight is an experience in itself.
Kenmore Air. This is a major provider of regular flights from Seattle to Orcas, San Juan, and Lopez islands. Kenmore Air Harbor, 6321 N.E. 175th St., Kenmore, WA, 98028. 425/486–1257 or 866/435–9524. www.kenmoreair.com.
Northwest Sky Ferry. This small airline has daily flights from Bellingham to all of the San Juan Islands. 4167 Mitchell Way, Bellingham, WA, 98226. 360/676–9999. www.nwskyferry.com.
San Juan Airlines. This is a reliable option for daily flights to the islands from Bellingham and Anacortes. 800/874–4434. www.sanjuanairlines.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's