- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Port Townsend Marine Science Center
Port Townsend Marine Science Center Review
Along the waterfront at Fort Worden State Park, the center is divided into two sections. The marine lab and aquarium building, in a former World War II military storage facility at the end of a pier, houses numerous aquarium displays, as well as touch tanks with sea stars, crabs, and anemones. The separate, on-shore Natural History Exhibit Center is filled with displays detailing the region's geography and marine ecology. Beach walks, nature camps, cruises, and day camps run throughout the summer, and there's a Low Tide Festival each July.
- Address: 520 Battery Way, Port Townsend, WA 98368 | Map It
- Phone: 360/385–5582; 800/566–3932
- Cost: $5
- Hours: mid-June–early Sept., Wed.–Mon. 11–5; early Sept.–early Apr., Fri.–Sun. noon–4 (marine lab and aquarium building by appointment only Nov.–Mar.)
- Website: www.ptmsc.org
- Location: Port Townsend
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We called this our Coffee, Hiking, Wine Trip; aka Just Relax
We're from NJ, but this was our 7th trip to each of these states. Read more
Family of 4, two kids will be 8 years old. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more