- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Port Townsend Marine Science Center
Port Townsend Marine Science Center Review
Along the waterfront at Fort Worden State Park, the center is divided into two sections. The marine lab and aquarium building, in a former World War II military storage facility at the end of a pier, houses numerous aquarium displays, as well as touch tanks with sea stars, crabs, and anemones. The separate, on-shore Natural History Exhibit Center is filled with displays detailing the region's geography and marine ecology. Beach walks, nature camps, cruises, and day camps run throughout the summer, and there's a Low Tide Festival each July.
- Address: 520 Battery Way, Port Townsend, WA 98368 | Map It
- Phone: 360/385–5582; 800/566–3932
- Cost: $5
- Hours: mid-June–early Sept., Wed.–Mon. 11–5; early Sept.–early Apr., Fri.–Sun. noon–4 (marine lab and aquarium building by appointment only Nov.–Mar.)
- Website: www.ptmsc.org
- Location: Port Townsend
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
Just learned will get to come to Seattle for a training the week of March 17. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more