- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Cave B Inn and Spa
At a Glance
- fantastic place to stargaze
- quiet and secluded
- gorgeous accommodations
- very expensive during Gorge Amphitheatre events
- no local meal options besides on-site restaurant
Check Rates from our Partners
Cave B Inn and Spa Review
Washington's first destination winery resort is built on (and into) ancient basalt cliffs 900 feet above the Columbia River; its 15 cliffhouses, cavern (with 12 rooms), and inn all designed to blend into the natural environment, with exterior walls of precast concrete embedded with rocks. Tendrils restaurant ($$–$$$), highlights local produce and Northwest beef and seafood, complemented by wines produced on-site (guests can tour the winery). A pleasant spa offers an array of treatments. River views are stunning from the outdoor pool. Bikes can be rented, and there are hikes down to the river and past waterfalls. Luxury yurts (open April–October) have views of the river or vineyards and provide a bucolic experience and lower-cost option. Dogs are welcome in some of the units.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
Any suggestions for safest route to take from Grand Rapids, MI to Vancouver, WA at the end of this month (March 2014)? Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more