- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Riverfront Park Review
The 100-acre park is what remains of Spokane's Expo '74. Sprawling across several islands in the Spokane River, near the falls, the park was developed from old railroad yards. One of the modernist buildings houses an IMAX theater. The opera house occupies the former Washington State pavilion. The outdoor Ice Palace is open mid-October through March. The stone clock tower of the former Great Northern Railroad Station, built in 1902, stands in sharp architectural contrast to the Expo '74 building. A children's train chugs around the park in summer, and a 1909 carousel, hand-carved by master builder Charles I.D. Looff, is a local landmark. Another icon here is the giant red slide shaped like a Radio Flyer wagon. Other attractions include a sky ride over Spokane falls, mini-golf, and amusement rides.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We called this our Coffee, Hiking, Wine Trip; aka Just Relax
We're from NJ, but this was our 7th trip to each of these states. Read more
Family of 4, two kids will be 8 years old. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more