- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Captain Whidbey Inn
At a Glance
- private cabins with hot tubs
- rustic yet comfortable
- poor soundproofing in the main motel
- shared bathrooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Captain Whidbey Inn Review
Over a century old, this venerable historic lodge on a wooded promontory offers a special kind of old-world romance and charm now rarely found. Gleaming log-walled rooms and suites, which have pedestal sinks but share bathrooms, are furnished with antiques and modern amenities; quarters on the north side have views of Penn Cove. More luxurious Lagoon Rooms, in a separate cedar motel, overlook a quiet, marshy expanse. A cluster of small, one-bedroom cabins have stone fireplaces, private baths, and share a hot tub. The on-site Ship of Fools restaurant and tavern are popular with locals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
Any suggestions for safest route to take from Grand Rapids, MI to Vancouver, WA at the end of this month (March 2014)? Read more
· News & Features
Despite its rainy reputation, Seattle is anything but dreary. ... Read more
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream.... Read more
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels.... Read more