- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
CREHST Museum (Columbia River Exhibition of History, Science, and Technology)
CREHST Museum (Columbia River Exhibition of History, Science, and Technology) Review
Displays show the area's development from prehistoric times to the nuclear age and there are educational exhibits, some of which are hands-on. The outdoor Boomers on Wheels exhibit depicts local trailer life in the 1940s, when the Hanford Construction Camp was the largest trailer camp in the world. A Lewis and Clark exhibit tells the story of the famous explorers and their expedition through the area more than 200 years ago. Another exhibit highlights fish species of the Columbia River. The area's geology is depicted in a mural and hands-on rock display.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Moses Lake Hotwire
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Walla Walla Fr $134+/Nt Expedia
- Up to 7% OFF on Spokane 18 Nts Htl + Air Fr $1,253 Travelocity
- $13.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Spokane Hotwire
- Moses Lake Savings! Book at Shilo Inn Moses Lake Fr $98+/Nt — $98 Save with Expedia, $10/night less
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
Just starting to plan a possible drive and wondering if a good time to go to avoid crowds would be the end of August/first of September. Read more
· News & Features
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason.... Read more
You're all ready to go to Disney—the kids are packed, you've got good walking shoes.... Read more
Love 'em?... Read more