Fodor's Virginia and Maryland
Mallards at the Wharf/ Hopkins & Bros. General Store
Mallards at the Wharf/ Hopkins & Bros. General Store Review
Inside a converted 19th-century general store on the National Register of Historic Places, you can imagine yourself waiting for a steamer to Baltimore. Walk past the vintage display cases into a casual dining area overlooking the wharf, or enjoy crab cakes, steamed clams, and fresh fish on the deck outside. On summer Sundays, there's live music playing.
- Address: 2 Market St., Onancock, VA 23417
- Phone: 757/787–8558
- Location: Onancock
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
General outline of the trip that DW and I took Dec. Read more
I always get such helpful advice on the forums so I want to repay the favor by posting my trip report. Read more
I live in Arlington and my cousin is going to be in Roanoke VA for a long weekend in a couple weeks. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more