Gadsby's Tavern Review
In the heart of the historic district, this circa-1792 tavern provides a taste of the interior decoration, cuisine, and entertainment of the early Republic. A strolling balladeer usually makes the rounds on Friday and Saturday nights. The tavern was a favorite of Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, who is commemorated on the menu: George Washington's Favorite is half a duck grilled with scalloped potatoes, corn pudding, rhotekraut (sweet and sour red cabbage), and a port wine orange glace. Other period offerings are Gentlemen's Pye (made with game), Sally Lunn bread, and a rich English trifle. Brunch is served on Sunday.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's