- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
South of Chantilly in western Fairfax County, Manassas was considered a strategic crossroads during the Civil War, which is why two key Confederate-won battles were fought on these grounds. Now the battlefield remains the top reason to visit.
Manassas at a Glance
Elsewhere in Northern Virginia
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's