- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Belle Haven Marina. South of Reagan National Airport and Old Town Alexandria, the marina rents two types of sailboats: Sunfish are $30 for two hours during the week and $35 for two hours on the weekend; Flying Scots are $46 for two hours during the week and $54 for two hours during the weekend. Canoes, jon boats, and kayaks are available for rent at $20 for two hours. Rentals are available from April to October. The marina takes reservations, which are useful during peak-season weekends. 1201 Belle Haven Rd., Off George Washington Pkwy., Old Town, Alexandria, VA, 22307. 703/768–0018. www.saildc.com.
Washington Sailing Marina. The Washington Sailing Marina rents sailboats from its scenic marina around mid-May to October, or until the water gets too cold. Aqua fins are $15 per hour or $40 for three hours. The 19-foot Flying Scots are $23 per hour and $80 for four hours. All-terrain bikes rent for $8 per hour and $25 per day. The marina is on the Mount Vernon Trail off the George Washington Parkway, south of Ronald Reagan National Airport. 1 Marina Dr., Alexandria, VA, 22314. 703/548–9027. www.washingtonsailingmarina.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's