Built in 1815, the mansion on Daniel's Hill, Point of Honor, was named to commemorate the many duels fought on the site. Once part of a 900-acre estate, this redbrick house surrounded by lawns retains a commanding view of the James River. It was the home of Dr. George Cabell, a friend of Thomas Jefferson and the physician of Patrick Henry. The facade is elegantly symmetrical, with two octagonal bays joined by a balustrade on each of the building's two stories. Interiors have been restored and furnished with pieces authentic to the early-19th-century Federal period.