- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bicycling and Hiking
Road cyclists pedal out to the long, flat country roads of scenic Cache Valley or venture up Logan and Blacksmith Fork canyons. Mountain bikers can spend an afternoon on the 9-mi round-trip from Wood Camp, in Logan Canyon, to the 1,500-year-old Jardine juniper tree that grows on a high ridge offering views of Wyoming and Idaho.
Just a few miles up Logan Canyon, hikers and bikers enjoy the wide passageway of the Red Bridge-River Trail, which continues 4.2 mi on the south side of the canyon along the Logan River. Logan, UT.
Mountain bikers and hikers alike can access a prime wilderness area via the 3-mi route from Tony Grove Lake to the summit of Naomi Peak. In the Wellsville Mountains a 2-mi trail climbs steeply from Maple Bench to Stewart Pass, a lofty ridge along the migration route of eagles and hawks; on a clear day the view from here extends for more than 80 mi. Logan, UT.
You can get maps and brochures for hiking trails in Wasatch-Cache National Forest. Logan Ranger District, 1500 E. U.S. 89, Logan, UT, 84321. 435/755-3620. www.fs.fed.us/r4/wcnf.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's