- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Seawall. The Seawall on the Gulf-side waterfront attracts runners, cyclists, and rollerbladers. Just below it is a long, free beach near many big hotels and resorts. Seawall Blvd., from 61st St. to 25th St., Galveston, TX, 77550.
Stewart Beach Park. Stewart Beach Park has a bathhouse, amusement park, bumper boats, miniature-golf course, and a water coaster in addition to saltwater and sand. It's open weekdays 9 to 5, weekends 8 to 6 from March through May; weekdays 8 to 6 and weekends 8 to 7 from June through September; and weekends 9 to 5 during the first two weekends of October. 6th St. and Seawall Blvd., Galveston, TX. 409/765-5023. $5 per vehicle.
Galveston Island State Park. Galveston Island State Park, on the western, unpopulated end of the island, is a 2,000-acre natural beach habitat ideal for birding, walking, and renewing your spirit. It's open daily from 8 am to 10 pm. 14901 FM 3005, 10 miles (16 km) southwest on Seawall Blvd., Galveston, TX, 77554. 409/737-1222. www.galvestonislandstatepark.org. $5.
More Sports and Outdoors
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe