Headquarters Visitor Center
Headquarters Visitor Center Review
You can pick up maps, brochures, and other information at the Headquarters Visitor Center, aka Pine Springs Ranger Station, with easy access off the highway. A slide show and a 12-minute movie provide a quick introduction to the park, half of which is protected as a designated wilderness area. Some nicely crafted exhibits depict typical wildlife and plant scenes ranging from lowland desert to forested mountaintop, while outside the entrance native flora are marked for identification.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Many thanks to those of you who provided advice on our spring break trip to San Antonio, Texas! Read more
My DW dropped me off at the Amtrak station a little after 8PM in CMO on 2/5. Read more
My husband and I are researching a trip to the Grand Canyon this October. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more