Headquarters Visitor Center
Headquarters Visitor Center Review
You can pick up maps, brochures, and other information at the Headquarters Visitor Center, aka Pine Springs Ranger Station, with easy access off the highway. A slide show and a 12-minute movie provide a quick introduction to the park, half of which is protected as a designated wilderness area. Some nicely crafted exhibits depict typical wildlife and plant scenes ranging from lowland desert to forested mountaintop, while outside the entrance native flora are marked for identification.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My DW dropped me off at the Amtrak station a little after 8PM in CMO on 2/5. Read more
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
Hello Fodor's Forum -- I haven't been on the forum in many years since i haven't had the opportunity to travel to a totally new city in a long, long time! Read more
· News & Features
In a bid to compete with luxury cruise lines, Celebrity Cruises will launch “Suite Class”... Read more
Crystal Cruises ships début in nine European ports this summer.... Read more
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more