- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- excellent central location
- most rooms offer fantastic views of downtown
- sometime the bustling lobby activity can be a little too intrusive
Check Rates from our Partners
W Hotel Review
The W Hotel is Austin's answer to excellent service in a very urban-chic environment. Since its opening in 2010, along with its adjacent Austin City Limits Live at the Moody Theater where the nationally-acclaimed PBS music series Austin City Limits is now filmed, it's fast become the see-and-be-seen spot in downtown Austin. The entire building, which encompasses a whole city block, is the first mixed-use occupancy building of its type in the world to be LEED certified. Inside, rooms are contemporary, yet warm and inviting. The lobby is home to a series of different hang-out spots suited to just about any style including the Tequila Bar, the Records Room, the Secret Bar, the Screened Porch, and Trace, the hotel's in-house restaurant featuring locally-sourced, seasonal foods brought in by its very own on-staff forager. The signature "Whatever/Whenever Service" is the hotel's top-notch concierge service offering guests the best attempt at getting them whatever they want, whenever they want it from outside of the hotel, while the luxurious Away Spa lets guests feel as if they've stepped into a quiet, relaxing oasis in the heart of the city.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Many thanks to those of you who provided advice on our spring break trip to San Antonio, Texas! Read more
My DW dropped me off at the Amtrak station a little after 8PM in CMO on 2/5. Read more
My husband and I are researching a trip to the Grand Canyon this October. Read more
· News & Features
Austin's South by Southwest Festival kicks off next week. ... Read more
Kick off your new year's resolution-primed vacation by booking a trip to a close-to-home resort where... Read more
This fall saw the debut of the Hotel Ella, a 47-room hotel in Austin, Texas, set in a reimagined forme... Read more