- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Lake Austin Spa
At a Glance
- Lake Austin Spa's offerings not only display a variety of rich and complex flavors but in a mindful way of using nature's best ingredients
- a complete feeling of comfort
- while the complimentary flip flops you receive at check in are a nice touch, they don't protect against the loose rocks in the caliche pathways, which tend to collect between your toes
- the three night minimum for close to $1,800 per person is rather expensive
Lake Austin Spa Review
Perhaps one of Austin's most luxurious getaways. Lake Austin Spa is located about more than a half-hour drive from town, deep into a wooded ravine right along the banks of Lake Austin. The expansive property is happily situated to reveal the lake as its primary focus with a line of 40 cozy cottage-style guest rooms built into a hillside overlooking the water. You'll also find verdant lawns with looming cypress trees, an elongated barn housing a heated lap pool, well appointed fitness, yoga and exercise equipment rooms, an outdoor sunning pool and hot tub, and a 25,000-square-foot spa offering more than 100 spa and salon treatments such as the Tour of Texas, which features an exfoliating prickly pear body scrub, aloe vera body wrap, scalp massage and full-body massage with prickly pear lotion. Activities include extensive indoor and outdoor fitness and water activities and wellness programs including Rise and Shine Yoga, Tai Chi on the docks, cardio kickboxing in the treehouse loft studio, kayaking and riding hydro-bikes on the calm lake waters. Dining is available in the resort Dining room and in the Aster Cafe at the LakeHouse Spa. Executive Chef Stephane Beaucamp blends French influences with local inspirations to create healthy—yet flavorful—menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner and also offers up a few of his best cooking tips in weekly cooking classes. A self-service beverage bar—with hot teas, coffee, fresh juices and fruit — is available throughout the day.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
The Mineola Nature preserve is a great system of trails for running, mountain biking, hiking or horseback riding in East Texas. Read more
I don’t know if anyone will read this, but I thought I would post a little report about my weekend in west Texas in case anyone does a search on this forum for Fort Davis, the McDonald Observatory, Read more
Winter break to San Antonio, from 22 to 25 Dec, alone, no car... need some good advice from you...
Thanks! Read more
· News & Features
This fall saw the debut of the Hotel Ella, a 47-room hotel in Austin, Texas, set in a reimagined forme... Read more
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
Austin's never-ending list of hot new restaurants is tough to keep up with.... Read more