- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- Charming, pseudo-grand-hotel atmosphere
- close (but not too close) to highway
- Few decent restaurants within walking distance
- fee for parking, unusual for this area
Check Rates from our Partners
This 1983-vintage hotel turns its back on the rat race of nearby I–35 and transports guests to a surprisingly convincing Spanish colonial world. Huge, arched windows in the lobby open onto a landscaped and terraced courtyard, with pool and hot tub enclosed by six floors of arched walkways. Rooms are spanking clean, spacious, and decorated with plush, high-quality gold-and-cream fabrics, linens, and carpets. Bathrooms are large, with granite sinks. The free local shuttle transports you within a 1-mile radius.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My DW dropped me off at the Amtrak station a little after 8PM in CMO on 2/5. Read more
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
we are off to san antonio and will be staying right next to the majestic theater. Read more
· News & Features
Austin's South by Southwest Festival kicks off next week. ... Read more
Kick off your new year's resolution-primed vacation by booking a trip to a close-to-home resort where... Read more
This fall saw the debut of the Hotel Ella, a 47-room hotel in Austin, Texas, set in a reimagined forme... Read more