You can access Memphis via the north-south I-55 or the east-west I-40. I-240 loops around the city. Interstate 55 leads north to St. Louis and south to Jackson, Mississippi; I-40 goes east to Nashville and Knoxville.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Visit Memphis for Less: Hotels Fr $127+/Nt Travelocity
- Book in Memphis: Save this May Fr $101+/Nt Save with Expedia, $15/night less
- Super Savings on Memphis 3 Nts Htl + Air Fr $600 Travelocity
- $8.95 & up : Economy rentals in Memphis Hotwire
- Visit Memphis for Less: Hotels Fr $72+/Nt — $72 Travelocity