- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
At a Glance
- central location
- lots of great perks and freebies
- service with a smile
- popular on-site dining and drinking
- lovely past-meets-present design
- note that it's pet-friendly, if you have allergies
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Monaco Philadelphia Review
Opened in late-2012, Hotel Monaco offers style, sass, and LEED certification in the heart of the Philly's historic center, along with the beloved perks of the Kimpton brand: complimentary evening wine hours, free bikes and yoga mats, fitness classes, and pet-friendly rooms. Rooms mix local period influences (marble desks with carved bases, mirrored end tables) with bold, geometric patterns, animal-print bathrobes, LCD TVs, Frette linens, iHome stations, and—a nod to Ben Franklin—kites. Higher categories like Spa Rooms and Suites may also have vintage soaking tubs. Mingle with locals at the rooftop Stratus bar—a fast Philly hotspot—and at the bustling Red Owl Tavern, a gourmet deli/butcher shop by day (serving burgers and sandwiches), and an upscale-comfort food favorite by night. The staff is approachable and friendly, and you can chat with them in the lounge during the wine hours—or take a class with them at the gym.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
That's quite a mouthful, so I'll just use Tinicum for short.
Today was a gorgeous spring day, the first day that really felt like spring all the way through. Happily, this was also the day chosen for ou Read more
We're here! Read more
What would be the best way to get from Philadelphia Convention Center to the airport (for two teachers) Airport Shuttle? Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more