- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Loews Philadelphia Hotel
At a Glance
- architectural gem
- cool style throughout
- amazing views, nice bathrobes and coffeemakers
- some guests have complained about the smell of smoke in rooms
- you might need a cab to get to nightlife destinations
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Loews Philadelphia Hotel Review
Topped by the red neon letters PSFS (for the former tenant, Pennsylvania Savings Fund Society), this 1930s building was the country's first skyscraper in the ultramodern international style. With an attitude that is decidedly contemporary, the hotel has guest rooms equipped with comfortable chaise lounges and flat-screen televisions. Complimentary toys and games are available for children. There are three levels of concierge rooms with a private library and lounge. The lobby lounge and Sole Food, an eclectic, fusion seafood restaurant, both have Art Deco touches. A 15,000-square-foot state-of-the-art fitness center includes a sauna, steam room, and indoor lap pool. Be sure to check out the 33rd floor for best views of the city and beyond.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $55 -- Cirque du Soleil Big Top Show near Philly, Reg. $70 Cirque du Soleil
Thanks in advance to all the people here who helped in the planning of this - both last year and this year! Read more
Okay, I'm a philistine when it comes to art; I knows what I likes, and that's about it. Read more
·Arizona Forum, California Forum, Massachusetts Forum, Nevada Forum, New York Forum, Pennsylvania Forum, Tennessee Forum, Washington, D.C. Forum
We are in the planning stages of our one month trip to the US, from mid May to mid June.
It's just so much to see and do, that I nearly lose my focus, so I need some help to narrow it down, please. Read more
· News & Features
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more
Apparently 2013 is the year of major airline uniform upgrades.... Read more