- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Loews Philadelphia Hotel
At a Glance
- architectural gem
- cool style throughout
- amazing views, nice bathrobes and coffeemakers
- some guests have complained about the smell of smoke in rooms
- you might need a cab to get to nightlife destinations
Check Rates from our Partners
Loews Philadelphia Hotel Review
Topped by the red neon letters PSFS (for the former tenant, Pennsylvania Savings Fund Society), this 1930s building was the country's first skyscraper in the ultramodern international style. With an attitude that is decidedly contemporary, the hotel has guest rooms equipped with comfortable chaise lounges and flat-screen televisions. Complimentary toys and games are available for children. There are three levels of concierge rooms with a private library and lounge. The lobby lounge and Sole Food, an eclectic, fusion seafood restaurant, both have Art Deco touches. A 15,000-square-foot state-of-the-art fitness center includes a sauna, steam room, and indoor lap pool. Be sure to check out the 33rd floor for best views of the city and beyond.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
That's quite a mouthful, so I'll just use Tinicum for short.
Today was a gorgeous spring day, the first day that really felt like spring all the way through. Happily, this was also the day chosen for ou Read more
We're here! Read more
What would be the best way to get from Philadelphia Convention Center to the airport (for two teachers) Airport Shuttle? Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more