Mobile AppDownload Portland - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
At a Glance
- "Portland" lodging experience
- prime downtown location
- unique touches, like original wall artwork in each room
- free city bicycles available for guests
- water pressure can be weak
- some rooms can be noisy
- Wi-Fi can be patchy
- parking is $25 a day
Check Rates from our Partners
Ace Hotel Review
The quintessential Portland hotel, Ace makes the "hipster" aesthetic available to anyone and, sandwiched between Stumptown Coffee and Clyde Common restaurant a block from Powell's Books, Ace positions you well to enjoy all downtown has to offer. The minimalist, no-frill rooms are outfitted with comfortable, futon-style mattresses and Pendelton wool blankets, clawfoot bathtubs/showers, small TVs, and original, hand-painted wall murals. A few have vintage accessories like turntables and record collections. The common areas are inviting and cool hangout spaces, with large comfy couches and well stocked bookshelves. There's a black-and-white photo booth right inside the front door.
Hipsters will find the quirky, irreverent design at this hotel in downtown Portland appealing. Well-priced pads are über-upscale dorm style, with eco-friendly elements and vintage furniture, as well as nature-inspired scenes painted on walls. Some deluxe rooms have turntables to spin old-school vinyl, and a photo booth in the lobby snaps classic black-and-white pictures to add to the fun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We decided to celebrate the start of summer with a road trip to Coastal Maine from our home in Toronto a couple of weeks ago. Posts... Read more
My husband and I - youthful 60-somethings - just returned from a summer trip to New England, which included two and a half days in Portla... Read more