North Dakota Travel Guide
North DakotaNorth Dakota is a massive expanse of rolling prairies under intense blue skies, much of it unchanged since the expeditions led by Lewis and Clark in 1804 and 1806. This rectangular state straddles the Canadian border between Minnesota and Montana. The eastern edge, marked by the Red River, is rich soil on land so flat you can see the horizon as an uninterrupted straight line.
Experience North Dakota
Cities in North Dakota
Parks and Preserves in North Dakota
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks so much for all the input on this trip! Read more
This was a quick road trip from the East Coast to the center of America to see and revisit some of the places in the center of this great country: Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota. Read more