- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fearrington House Country Inn
At a Glance
- a country inn with up-to-date luxuries
- surrounded by plenty of shops and restaurants
- fantastic breakfast
- visitors may mind the 15-minute drive to the center of Chapel Hill, and it might be too quiet for some
- very expensive
Check Rates from our Partners
Fearrington House Country Inn Review
The crown jewel of Fearrington Village, this inn sits on a 200-year-old farm that has been remade to resemble a country hamlet. "Oreo" cows, Belted Galloways, which are black on the ends and white in the middle, roam the pasture near the entrance. The rooms have views of a courtyard, garden, or pastures and are individually furnished with carefully chosen antiques. Some suites have a whirlpool or fireplace. The award-winning Fearrington House Restaurant ($$$$) serves up swanky, contemporary fare. An elaborate made-to-order breakfast and afternoon tea are included in the room rate. A two-story spa offers treatments to guests and the public. The inn is near Pittsboro and is 8 mi south of Chapel Hill.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Needing to see some spring flowers and warmer weather, we headed to North Carolina last week to check out Bryson City, Cherokee and do some hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains.
We stayed at the Hampto Read more
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
There's a sweepstakes taking place, via TravelPro, where you could win two tickets to the U.S. Open® Championship (which also includes airfare, hotel, and more prizes).
Details can be found here Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more