- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
1795 Acorn Inn
At a Glance
- contemporary feel
- plenty of privacy
- peaceful location
- no room phones
1795 Acorn Inn Review
This 18th-century stagecoach inn has elegant, spacious guest rooms furnished with a well-assembled blend of antique and contemporary country pieces. All rooms have down comforters and thick robes. In the Hotchkiss Room, which has a fireplace, French doors lead out to a walled terrace. A renovated barn 25 feet from the back door contains the private Barn Suite, with a kitchen and king-size sleigh bed. Grassy grounds, with stone walls, gardens, and a hot tub, surround the inn, which is a 10-minute drive outside the city.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $298-$335 -- NYC: Weekends at Stylish Midtown Hotel, 20% Off Sofitel New York
- $179 & up -- NYC Marriott Hotels thru August, 35% Off Marriott Hotels & Resorts
- $15.78 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
- $48.50 -- Percussive Troupe 'Stomp' in NYC, Reg. $78 'Stomp'
- $204-$228 -- NYC: Daily at 4-Star Hotel in Summer, 45% Off — $204-$228 InterContinental New York Barclay
A little history
Back in the day, (I say that because I’d rather not think of just how long it’s been) I was going to New York regularly for work. Read more
Warning - this is pretty long!
My sister (60, from Rhode Island) and I (56, from Florida) decided it would be fun to spend Memorial Day weekend in New York City, specifically in Manhattan. She had bee Read more
I have posted this before but the time is closely arriving. Read more