- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
You can get to the Catskills by bus, but you should note that public transportation within the region is limited. Shortline buses link the Catskills with New York City, Long Island, the Hudson Valley, the Finger Lakes region, and central and western New York. Stops include Bethel, Liberty, Monticello, Roscoe, and Swan Lake; depending on your destination, you may have to wait at the Monticello terminal for your connecting bus.
Adirondack Trailways travels between the northern Catskills and New York City, the Hudson Valley, the Capital-Saratoga Region, and central New York; connecting service gets you to and from the other regions of the state. Buses stop in Arkville, Delhi, Fleischmanns, Haines Falls, Highmount, Hunter, Mount Tremper, Phoenicia, Prattsville, Shandaken, Tannersville, Windham, and Woodstock. During ski season, the Hunter-, Windham-, and Belleayre-bound buses are packed with twentysomethings from New York City heading for the slopes. Special packages include lift tickets.
Adirondack Trailways. 800/858-8555. www.trailways.com.
Shortline Coach USA. 800/631-8405. www.shortlinebus.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's