- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Crowne Plaza Resort & Golf Club
At a Glance
- dog friendly
- specials can bring down the price of a room dramatically
- extras (a glass of wine, a cup of coffee, etc.) are pricey
Check Rates from our Partners
Crowne Plaza Resort & Golf Club Review
From its hilltop perch, the four-story hotel takes in the resort's 1,000-plus acres and lovely mountain and lake views. The property encompasses two highly regarded 18-hole golf courses and the well-known Veranda restaurant. It also has a private beach on Lake Placid. Guest-room furnishings are traditional and attractive, with two double beds. Some rooms have jetted tubs and fireplaces. Also on the grounds are chalets and lakeside condominiums.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more