- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
The Boathouse Bed and Breakfast
At a Glance
- right on the placid waters of Lake George
- great deals during the off-season
- some rooms have hot tubs
- children younger than 15 not allowed as guests
Check Rates from our Partners
The Boathouse Bed and Breakfast Review
The grand 1917 stone-and-wood boathouse is on Millionaires Row and directly on Lake George. Most of the individually appointed rooms have hardwood floors and a king-size bed. Some rooms have private porches or balconies. One suite is decked out in Adirondack style, with a stone fireplace and cedar-post furniture; the other is more refined, with a four-poster bed and boudoir-style upholstered chairs. The two carriage-house suites have gas fireplaces and two-person jet tubs. Breakfast is served in the great room, a lovely space with a timbered ceiling and several large windows.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Hi! Read more