- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
For mountain biking, consider one of the Adirondacks' downhill and cross-country ski centers. The Gore Mountain Ski Center, in North Creek; the Garnet Hill Ski Lodge and Cross-Country Ski Center, in North River; the Whiteface Mountain Ski Center, in Wilmington; and the Cross Country Center at the Verizon Sports Complex at Mt. Van Hoevenberg, near Lake Placid, all have mountain-biking trails in the warm-weather months.
Bike Adirondacks has loads of information about mountain-bike trails, as well as details about paved routes, multiuse paths, and bike shops, with links to various related organizations and services. No phone. www.bikeadirondacks.org.
The Lake Champlain Bikeways has detailed directions and terrain descriptions as well as suggested themed rides; brochures are available. 802/652-2453. www.champlainbikeways.org.
Seaway Trail, Inc. is dedicated to making the Seaway Trail region accessible to tourists and outdoors enthusiasts, and that includes bikers. W. Main St., Sackets Harbor, NY, 13685. 315/646-1000 or 800/732-9298. www.seawaytrail.com.
Route maps for the Warren County Bikeway are available from the Warren County Department of Parks and Recreation. Fish Hatchery Rd., Warrensburg, NY. 518/623-2877. www.warrencountydpw.com/Parks_Rec07.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe