- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Inn at Irving Place
At a Glance
- romantic and charming
- big rooms
- excellent breakfast and tea service
- Mario Batali's Casa Mono is downstairs
- rooms aren't flawless, with imperfections like older grouting
- some street noise
Check Rates from our Partners
The Inn at Irving Place Review
Fantasies of Old New York—Manhattan straight from the pages of Edith Wharton and Henry James, an era of genteel brick town houses and Tiffany lamps—spring to life at this discreet, romantic inn. One of the city's most famous tea salons, Lady Mendl's, is on the lobby level. Rooms have ornamental fireplaces, four-poster beds with embroidered linens, wood shutters, and glossy cherrywood floors, though they are getting a bit timeworn. The room named after Madame Olenska (a lovelorn Wharton character) has a bay window with sitting nook—this is one of the most memorable spots in New York, perfect for a special anniversary.
- Address: 56 Irving Pl., between E. 17th and E. 18th Sts. Gramercy Park, New York, NY 10003 | Map It
- Phone: 212/533–4600; 800/685–1447
- Website: www.innatirving.com
- Subway: 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R to 14th St./Union Sq.
- Location: Gramercy
- 5 rooms, 6 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Planning a trip late June flying into Washington, DC, then driving to Philly, NY, and Boston (where we will fly home from). Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more