- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App
The Inn at Irving Place
At a Glance
- romantic and charming
- big rooms
- excellent breakfast and tea service
- Mario Batali's Casa Mono is downstairs
- rooms aren't flawless, with imperfections like older grouting
- some street noise
Check Rates from our Partners
The Inn at Irving Place Review
Fantasies of Old New York—Manhattan straight from the pages of Edith Wharton and Henry James, an era of genteel brick town houses and Tiffany lamps—spring to life at this discreet, romantic inn. One of the city's most famous tea salons, Lady Mendl's, is on the lobby level. Rooms have ornamental fireplaces, four-poster beds with embroidered linens, wood shutters, and glossy cherrywood floors, though they are getting a bit timeworn. The room named after Madame Olenska (a lovelorn Wharton character) has a bay window with sitting nook—this is one of the most memorable spots in New York, perfect for a special anniversary.
- Address: 56 Irving Pl., between E. 17th and E. 18th Sts. Gramercy Park, New York, NY 10003 | Map It
- Phone: 212/533–4600; 800/685–1447
- Website: www.innatirving.com
- Subway: 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R to 14th St./Union Sq.
- Location: Gramercy
- 5 rooms, 6 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
Heading to NYC for two glorious nights by myself the first week of May. Read more
· News & Features
Navigate the chaotic street food scene of Ho Chi Minh City like a pro with our quick guide to no-fuss ... Read more
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture.... Read more
A look at ultra-luxurious airline accomodations and a fascinating visual breakdown of literary storytelling are... Read more