- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- great location
- service with a personal touch
- charming decor
- cramped lobby
Check Rates from our Partners
The Lowell Review
This old-money refuge was built as an upscale apartment hotel in the 1920s and it still delivers genteel sophistication and pampering service in an unbeatable location. Steps from Madison Avenue shopping and the Museum Mile, the Lowell is on a leafy residential block. The lobby is small, but guest rooms have all the civilized comforts of home including stocked bookshelves and luxe bathrooms. Thirty-three of the suites—all decorated in different themes—have working wood-burning fireplaces, and 14 have private terraces. The Pembroke Room serves a fine afternoon tea, and the Post House serves some of the best steaks in town in a clubby environment. The in-room iPods and iPads (on request) and New York Times delivered to the room are particularly nice touches.
- Address: 28 E. 63rd St., between Madison and Park Aves. Upper East Side, New York, NY 10065 | Map It
- Phone: 212/838–1400; 800/221–4444
- Website: www.lowellhotel.com
- Subway: 4, 5, 6, N, R to 59th St./Lexington Ave.; F to 63rd St./Lexington Ave.
- Location: Upper East Side
- 23 rooms, 49 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more