- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- great location
- service with a personal touch
- charming decor
- cramped lobby
Check Rates from our Partners
The Lowell Review
This old-money refuge was built as an upscale apartment hotel in the 1920s and it still delivers genteel sophistication and pampering service in an unbeatable location. Steps from Madison Avenue shopping and the Museum Mile, the Lowell is on a leafy residential block. The lobby is small, but guest rooms have all the civilized comforts of home including stocked bookshelves and luxe bathrooms. Thirty-three of the suites—all decorated in different themes—have working wood-burning fireplaces, and 14 have private terraces. The elegant Pembroke Room serves a hearty breakfast and fine afternoon tea. The in-room iPods and iPads (on request) and New York Times delivered to the room are nice touches.
- Address: 28 E. 63rd St., between Madison and Park Aves. Upper East Side, New York, NY 10065 | Map It
- Phone: 212/838–1400; 800/221–4444
- Website: www.lowellhotel.com
- Subway: 4, 5, 6, N, R to 59th St./Lexington Ave.; F to 63rd St./Lexington Ave.
- Location: Upper East Side
- 27 rooms, 47 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Hi! Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more