- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Queens Zoo Review
Behind the Hall of Science in Flushing Meadows–Corona Park lies the intimate Queens Zoo, whose small scale is especially well suited to easily tired young visitors. In only 11 acres you'll find North American animals such as bears, mountain lions, bald eagles, and pudu—the world's smallest deer. Buckminster Fuller's geodesic dome from the 1964 World's Fair is now the aviary. Across the street is a petting zoo.
- Address: 53-51 111th Street, at 53rd Ave. Flushing/ Corona, Queens, NY 11368 | Map It
- Phone: 718/271–1500
- Cost: $8
- Hours: Apr.–Oct., weekdays 10–5, weekends and holidays 10–5:30; Nov.–March, daily 10–4:30; last ticket sold 30 mins before closing
- Website: www.queenszoo.com
- Subway: 7 to 111th St., walk south to park; Q58 to Corona Ave., walk east to 111th St.
- Location: Queens
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more