- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Brooklyn Children's Museum
Brooklyn Children's Museum Review
A mile east of Grand Army Plaza is the oldest children's museum in the world, now housed in a sparkling Rafael Viñoly–designed "green" building. Kids will have a blast, trekking through natural habitats found in the city, running a bakery, creating African-patterned fabric, and even becoming DJs, mixing the rhythms of the outdoors to make music.
- Address: 145 Brooklyn Ave., at St. Marks Ave. Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY 11213 | Map It
- Phone: 718/735–4400
- Cost: $9
- Hours: Tues.–Sun. 10–5
- Website: www.brooklynkids.org
- Subway: C to Kingston–Throop Aves.; 3 to Kingston Ave., A, C to Nostrand Ave.
- Location: Park Slope and Prospect Heights
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Planning a trip late June flying into Washington, DC, then driving to Philly, NY, and Boston (where we will fly home from). Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more