- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Jean Georges Review
This culinary temple in the Trump International Hotel and Towers focuses wholly on chef celebre Jean-Georges Vongerichten's spectacular creations. The chef may now have restaurants sprinkled around the globe but this is the spot in his culinary empire you want to be at. Some dishes approach the limits of the taste universe, like foie-gras brûlée with spiced fig jam and ice-wine reduction. Others are models of simplicity, like slow-cooked cod with warm vegetable vinaigrette. Exceedingly personalized service and a well-selected wine list contribute to an unforgettable meal. It's prix-fixe only. For Jean Georges on a budget, try the prix-fixe lunch in the front room, Nougatine.
Diners are treated to a world-class meal at Jean Georges Vongerichten's namesake restaurant at the Trump International Hotel. Multicourse prix-fixe menus (three- or seven-courses at dinner) feature refined French dishes with international flair, such as sea urchin on black bread with jalapeno and yuzu, foie gras brulée with dried cherries and port wine gelee, and smoked squab à l'orange. The personalized service is stellar; the modern dining room is dazzling.
- Address: 1 Central Park W, at W. 59th St. Upper West Side, New York, NY 10023-7703 | Map It
- Phone: 212/299–3900
- Website: www.jean-georges.com
- Subway: A, B, C, D, 1 to 59th St./Columbus Circle.
- Location: Upper West Side
- Jacket required.
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Hi We're visiting New York from Australia for the first time in June 2014 and we need advice as to where to stay. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more