- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Jean Georges Review
This culinary temple in the Trump International Hotel and Towers focuses wholly on chef celebre Jean-Georges Vongerichten's spectacular creations. The chef may now have restaurants sprinkled around the globe but this is the spot in his culinary empire you want to be at. Some dishes approach the limits of the taste universe, like foie-gras brûlée with spiced fig jam and ice-wine reduction. Others are models of simplicity, like slow-cooked cod with warm vegetable vinaigrette. Exceedingly personalized service and a well-selected wine list contribute to an unforgettable meal. It's prix-fixe only. For Jean Georges on a budget, try the prix-fixe lunch in the front room, Nougatine.
Diners are treated to a world-class meal at Jean Georges Vongerichten's namesake restaurant at the Trump International Hotel. Multicourse prix-fixe menus (three- or seven-courses at dinner) feature refined French dishes with international flair, such as sea urchin on black bread with jalapeno and yuzu, foie gras brulée with dried cherries and port wine gelee, and smoked squab à l'orange. The personalized service is stellar; the modern dining room is dazzling.
- Address: 1 Central Park W, at W. 59th St. Upper West Side, New York, NY 10023-7703 | Map It
- Phone: 212/299–3900
- Website: www.jean-georges.com
- Subway: A, B, C, D, 1 to 59th St./Columbus Circle.
- Location: Upper West Side
- Jacket required.
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more