- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App
City Club Hotel
At a Glance
- free Wi-Fi
- great restaurant
- personal service
- no gym
- occasionally dim lighting
- tiny lobby
Check Rates from our Partners
City Club Hotel Review
Ocean-liner-inspired rooms at the City Club are brisk, bright, and masculine: they're also about the same size as a room on a cruise ship—that means tight quarters, matey, no matter how much you enjoy sharing space with Jonathan Adler ceramics. All rooms have city-oriented photos from the '50s, C. O. Bigelow bathroom products, and "City Club" monogrammed wool blankets. Privacy, not publicity, is the emphasis at this luxe boutique property—the lobby is tiny, and guests who wish to drink are sent across the street to the considerably more spacious Royalton. There's no gym, but guests who book directly through the hotel receive free access to a nearby New York Sports Club. Daniel Boulud's db bistro moderne is downstairs, making for delicious room service.
- Address: 55 W. 44th St., between 5th and 6th Aves. Midtown West, New York, NY 10036 | Map It
- Phone: 212/921–5500
- Website: www.cityclubhotel.com
- Subway: B, D, F, N, R, M, 1, 2, 3, 9 to 42nd St.; 7 to 5th Ave.
- Location: Midtown West
- 62 rooms, 3 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
Heading to NYC for two glorious nights by myself the first week of May. Read more
· News & Features
Navigate the chaotic street food scene of Ho Chi Minh City like a pro with our quick guide to no-fuss ... Read more
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture.... Read more
A look at ultra-luxurious airline accomodations and a fascinating visual breakdown of literary storytelling are... Read more