- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
City Club Hotel
At a Glance
- free Wi-Fi
- great restaurant
- personal service
- no gym
- occasionally dim lighting
- tiny lobby
Check Rates from our Partners
City Club Hotel Review
Ocean-liner-inspired rooms at the City Club are brisk, bright, and masculine: they're also about the same size as a room on a cruise ship—that means tight quarters, matey, no matter how much you enjoy sharing space with Jonathan Adler ceramics. All rooms have city-oriented photos from the '50s, C. O. Bigelow bathroom products, and "City Club" monogrammed wool blankets. Privacy, not publicity, is the emphasis at this luxe boutique property—the lobby is tiny, and guests who wish to drink are sent across the street to the considerably more spacious Royalton. There's no gym, but guests who book directly through the hotel receive free access to a nearby New York Sports Club. Daniel Boulud's db bistro moderne is downstairs, making for delicious room service.
- Address: 55 W. 44th St., between 5th and 6th Aves. Midtown West, New York, NY 10036 | Map It
- Phone: 212/921–5500
- Website: www.cityclubhotel.com
- Subway: B, D, F, N, R, M, 1, 2, 3, 9 to 42nd St.; 7 to 5th Ave.
- Location: Midtown West
- 62 rooms, 3 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Looking to visit the NE section of the US this summer with our teen daughters & need advice on how to plan.
We're hoping to spend 3-4 days in Boston, NYC, & Washington DC while spending a few days Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more