- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Delta Lake State Park. On a peninsula that juts into the Delta Reservoir, the park has a sandy beach with a swimming area, a snack bar, restrooms, and changing facilities. The fishing includes trout, walleye, bass, and perch; in winter there's ice fishing. Trails are used for hiking, biking, nature walks, snowmobiling, and cross-country skiing. Campsites (early May through Columbus Day) are on a bluff overlooking the water. Picnic tables, grills, and pavilions are scattered throughout the park. 8797 Rte. 46, Rome, NY, 13440. 315/337–4670; 800/456–2267 campground reservations. nysparks.state.ny.us. Parking $7 (early May–Columbus Day). Daily dawn–dusk.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's