- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
International Boxing Hall of Fame
International Boxing Hall of Fame Review
In 1982, residents of Canastota and boxing enthusiasts wanted to honor two hometown boxers, late 1950s welterweight and middleweight champion Carmen Basilio and his nephew Billy Backus, the 1970 winner of the world welterweight title. Their efforts resulted in the 1989 opening of boxing's first hall of fame and museum, where you may see memorabilia from such notable boxers as Muhammad Ali, Joe Louis, and Billy Graham. The hall of fame is 6 mi southwest of Oneida.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Jun deal: The Genesee Grande Fr $178+/Nt Expedia
- Book in Syracuse Fr $249+/Nt Hotels.com
- Save on Your Vacation: 10 Nts The Genesee Grande + Air Fr $1,420 Travelocity
- $11.95 & up : Economy rentals in Syracuse Hotwire
- Jun deal: Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport Fr $139+/Nt — $139 Expedia
A little history
Back in the day, (I say that because I’d rather not think of just how long it’s been) I was going to New York regularly for work. Read more
Warning - this is pretty long!
My sister (60, from Rhode Island) and I (56, from Florida) decided it would be fun to spend Memorial Day weekend in New York City, specifically in Manhattan. She had bee Read more
Me and my wife are planning to visit USA on August, and trying to build 8 days round trip from NY by car that will include Niagra Falls and Toronto.
We are looking for a nice combination o Read more
· News & Features
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more