Albany and Central New York Sights

Advertisement

Old Stone Fort Museum Complex

Old Stone Fort Museum Complex Review

The site contains several 18th- and 19th-century buildings, including the 1772 church that served as a fort during its early years. A log stockade was erected in 1777, and the building came under attack by the British three years later. During the Civil War it was used as an armory. Converted to a museum in 1889, the interior serves as a museum within a museum, with hundreds of artifacts exhibited in cases that have changed little in the past century.

    Contact Information

  • Address: 145 Fort Rd., off Rte. 30, Schoharie, NY, 12157 | Map It
  • Phone: 518/295–7192
  • Cost: $5
  • Hours: May, June, Sept., and Oct., Tues.–Sat. 10–5, Sun. noon–5; July and Aug., Mon.–Sat. 10–5, Sun. noon–5
  • Website:
  • Location: Howes Cave

Fodorite Reviews

Be the first to review this property

Advertisement

· Map of Old Stone Fort Museum Complex

Map of



Travel Deals
Forums