- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
One glance at the brick entrance of Doubleday Field, just south of the Baseball Hall of Fame, will have you whistling "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" for the rest of the day. Local leagues play at this diamond, which opened around 1939 and can seat about 9,000 people in its bleachers. It's also used for the Baseball Hall of Fame Game held each summer, exhibition games, and other area events. Main St., Cooperstown, NY, 13326. 607/547-7200 or 888/425-5633. www.friendsofdoubleday.org.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe