- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Iglesia de San Juan Bautista
Iglesia de San Juan Bautista Review
When church services, weddings, funerals, and other regularly scheduled functions are not taking place here, Lincoln's historic Iglesia de San Juan Bautista, originally built in 1887, can be viewed free. The tiny church was built and restored entirely from local materials. Roof beams and other wood elements including latillas (small branches laid on top of larger, rounded wood beams known as vigas) were dragged by oxcart from the nearby Capitan Mountains.
- Address: Main St. (U.S. 380); south side of highway between Montaño Store and Lincoln County Courthouse Museum, Lincoln, 88338
- Phone: 575/257-7067
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Daily 8:30--4:30
- Location: Lincoln
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Summer on Sale! Save 10% on This Stay: Ruidoso - Midtown in May Save with Expedia, $16/night less
- Book in Ruidoso: Save this May Fr $191+/Nt Expedia
- $19.99 & up : Economy rentals in Alamogordo Hotwire
- Save in Ruidoso: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $74+/Nt — $74 Expedia
- $25.99 & up : Midsize rentals in Alamogordo — $26 Hotwire
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more