- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sugar Nymphs Bistro
Sugar Nymphs Bistro Review
It's taken a little time for people to learn about, let alone find, this delightful little place set inside a vintage theater in sleepy Peñasco. You can't miss the vivid murals on the building, it's right on the High Road, and it is hands down the best restaurant along this entire route. If you get an early start from Santa Fe and get through Chimayó in the morning, you'll get here right in time for a fabulous lunch, or an early dinner if you've meandered. Chef-owner Kai Harper Leah earned her stripes at San Francisco's famed vegetarian restaurant, Greens, and presents an eclectic menu of reasonably priced, inspired food: creatively topped pizzas, bountiful salads, juicy bacon cheeseburgers, butternut-squash ravioli. Try the fantastic green-chile bison stew, with meat from neighboring Picuris Pueblo's bison herd; it comes with perfectly moist but crumbly corn bread to soak up all the goodness. Desserts are memorable—consider the chocolate pecan pie. You can dine on the patio in warm weather. The Sunday brunch is excellent.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Santa Fe: Save this May Fr $73+/Nt Expedia
- Super 8 Santa Fe on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $50+/Nt Expedia
- $24.99 & up : Midsize rentals in Santa Fe Hotwire
- Book in Santa Fe: Save this May Fr $352+/Nt — $352 Save with Expedia, $158/night less
- $19.99 & up : Compact rentals in Santa Fe — $20 Hotwire
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more
We would like to have comments on our itinerary please:
We have been to Santa Fe and Taos, but are traveling with a 24 yo daughter who has not. Read more
· News & Features
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine. ... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more