- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bolack Electromechanical Museum
Bolack Electromechanical Museum Review
The Bolack Electromechanical Museum is the legacy of former state governor Tom Bolack, who collected wildlife of the taxidermic kind. His son Tommy carries on the collecting tradition, but his museum on the family's B-Square Ranch is a wonder of large-scale, unexpected, electrical items, from aged radio-station transmitters and all the car speakers from the old Rincon Drive-In in Aztec, to a three-stage compressor from a Nevada uranium testing site, a 16-foot-diameter drill bit, and an entire electrical substation. Set back into the bluffs on the south side of town, the spread itself is a sight even if all the objects here don't appeal. Keep an eye out for the peacocks on the road in. Note that you must stop and register at the first buildings you see.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $86.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Farmington Hotwire
- Farmington Savings! Book at Red Lion Farmington Fr $100+/Nt Expedia
- $16.95 & up : Compact rentals in Farmington Hotwire
- Farmington Savings! Book at Silver River Adobe Inn Fr $129+/Nt — $129 Expedia
- $14.95 & up : Economy rentals in Farmington — $15 Hotwire
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more
· News & Features
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more