- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Helena is quickly gaining a reputation as a go-to place for mountain biking, in no small part because of the free Saturday shuttle service (www.downtownhelena.com Mid-June-mid-Sept.) from Last Chance Gulch to Mount Helena's Ridge Trail, providing easy access to 8 mi of downhill single-track back to town.Other trails such as the Birdseye Loop and the Helena Valley Loop lead to mining towns and thick forests.
To find out more about bike routes, check the Web site of the Helena Bicycle Club. Helena, MT. www.helenabicycleclub.org.
The Helena National Forest can provide bike route information by phone. Helena, MT. 406/449–5201.
Great Divide Cyclery rents full-suspension mountain bikes as well as road bikes. 336 N. Jackson, Helena, MT, 59601. 406/443–5188.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's