Zoar Outdoor. White-water rafting, canoeing, and kayaking in the Class II–III rapids of the Deerfield River is a popular summer activity. From April to October, Zoar Outdoor conducts (child-friendly) daylong rafting trips along 10 miles of challenging rapids, as well as floats along gentler sections of the river. Zip line tours are also offered, consisting of 11 zip lines and 2 suspended bridges. 7 Main St., off Hwy. 2, Charlemont, MA, 01339. 800/532–7483. www.zoaroutdoor.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe