Dockside Restaurant Review
On an island-like peninsula overlooking York Harbor, this restaurant has plenty of seafood on the menu, including popular dishes like haddock stuffed with Maine shrimp and "drunken" lobster—sautéed lobster, scallops, shallots, and herbs in an Irish whiskey cream. There's also treats like beef tenderloin and slow-roasted duckling. Start with seafood chowder or cakes of native crab and wild mushroom. Floor-to-ceiling windows in the stair-stepped modern dinning space transport diners to the water beyond; every seat has a water view. Lighter fare is served in the cozy mahogany bar. Dockside is part of a 7-acre property with lodging rooms and suites in several buildings, from a grand 1895 summer home to condo-style quarters.
- Address: 22 Harris Island Rd., just off Rte. 103 York, ME 03909 | Map It
- Phone: 207/363–2722
- Website: www.docksidegq.com
- Location: York Harbor
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed late Oct.–mid-June and Tues. in June, Sept., and Oct. (sometimes no lunch on weekends because of weddings).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Blithely ignoring the fact that we were driving to Virginia next day, my wife and I set out on a five hour (RT) road trip from Brookline, MA, to Brunswick, ME, to see an exhibit of Maurice Prendergast's Read more
and then some!
I am just back from my wonderful two weeks in New England, a destination that has become a regular for me in late summer for the past three years. It’s hard to imagine a lovelier place Read more
I will be driving Sunday Morning from Cosco Maine thru Portland all the way to NYC
any advice of an inside place to stop by not too far from the highways, could be in ME, Mass or Conn
Thank you Read more
· News & Features
Portland, Maine has quietly launched one of the hottest restaurant scenes in the country.... Read more
From bustling waterfronts and dinners of delectable crustaceans to awe-inspiring hikes and strolls through... Read more
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand... Read more