- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Chicago 2014
The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago
At a Glance
- the "heavenly" beds
- the proximity to area attractions
- the ever-present cabs
- guests have complained of poor water pressure
- steep parking fees
Check Rates from our Partners
The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago Review
Location-wise, this hotel scores big, as major malls and flagship shops are within steps of the hotel's front door—and the rooms are restful. They're furnished with specially designed Simmons Heavenly beds with quilted mattresses—which guests have raved about and even purchased. A small on-site spa, Body Rituals, opened in 2012. The lobby is a bit like an airport terminal—long, narrow, and full of folks tapping away on laptops. The lobby restaurant, the Grill on the Alley, is a steak house with a clubby atmosphere.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters
When: Two days in February 2014
Why: After being housebound by what seemed to be a never-ending winter (enough already!), it was time to bundle Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
We've never been to Chicago other than changing planes.
We'd like to go for a few days but that's a lot of flying to spend 3-4 days in one place.
Any add-ons in the area?
Thanks. Read more
· News & Features
With more and more bars opening up around the city, Chicago is proving it knows its way around a cocktail ... Read more
The Windy City is home to a slew of new restaurants, boutique hotels, and museum exhibits worth checking... Read more
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy... Read more